Saturday, August 25, 2012

Familias y futbol

This morning there was a get-together with all the ACM students, their families, and ACM teachers at the sports center of UCR. We got a tour of the area (basketball courts, soccer fields, pool, track). The whole campus is really pretty and I think I will work out there when I have some time. Then we played some games: 3-legged races, races where we had to balance lemons on spoons in our mouths as we ran to the finish line, dancing with a partner while holding a lemon in between our cheeks, musical chairs, tying 2 balloons to our ankles and trying to pop the balloons of the other players. That was the game I won. The activities were really fun and I am glad we got to do them with our families. We had lunch there too and that was really good.








This afternoon I did some homework and Skyped my parents at home.

Around 5:30 I went out with my ACM friends to have dinner and watch the rivalry soccer game on TV  with other Ticos (La Liga vs. Saprissa). It was really crazy seeing the Ticos react when their team scored a goal. It reminded me a little bit of what it might be like to watch the Super Bowl in a restaurant. Nuts. I asked Marta which team the family liked best. She said "Saprissa" so that was the team I rooted for. The game ended in a tie. 2-2.

Breakfast: Coffee, egg with ham, toast with cream cheese and guava jelly
Lunch: Mango juice, chicken lasagna, vegetables, bread, flan
Dinner: Nachos

No comments:

Post a Comment